Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh how I should be studying...

yet, here I am posting another little diatribe about how the Ottawa Senators are totally floundering...

Wait... They won last night didn't they!? Oh well then! Let me put on my lucky Sens cap and get to breaking down how I felt the game went!

Big Three

CASH (that's Captain Alfie, Spezza and Heatley for the uninitiated) really lit the lamp list night! The first period was the best 20 minutes the Sens have played all season with big goals and big kills. These three potted a goal each and managed to give the upward momentum this club is in desperate need of. However, was 20 minutes enough? Nope... kept on rollin'!

Big D

Kuba added two more points to his league leading assist tally ... what an amazing pickup he was. Volchenkov played huge and started blocking shots so much he even inspired Vermette to do the same! It can't be understated how the forwards came back though. I mean, defensively, the Sens had all five guys coming back and ensuring that they trapped the play but still managed to get their asses in the saddle and back up the ice! Not to mention Auld. He played large, in charge and used that glove hand like it actually was meant to stop pucks not simply guide them to a rebound like a certain Swiss goalie may do.

Other Big D

How about the goal by Donovan!? My sweet-baby-christ-on-a-stick-wrapped-in-candy-and-lathered-in-chocolate! As JC put it on SensChirp probably THE play of the season. He not only pulled the puck through a defender, but his shot was picture perfect and added to a lead that the Thrashers simply could not keep up with.

Vermette

A great game by Vermie despite not seeing a tally in his favour, but like I said above, he played a big game. He was all over the place and and played along side Donovan and Fisher on a strong line that kept at the Thrashers as much as young Winchester (who picked up two fighting majors and a few hits) did. Vermette has been known to score plenty of goals in the past, but he simply needs to let of the stick a little and head to the net ... good things will happen and our secondary scoring will be better for it.

Back-stop

Alex freakin' Auld. I mean, his back is to the play and somehow he realizes the puck might squeek over him so he pushes his body up to knock it down and away from harm. It was a little luck, but the rest of the night he was a lot of amazing. He let in one goal on a picture perfect shot, but nevertheless, he was pure amazing.

Attendance

One of the guys I know from school has on his MSN name "I am happy I got to see a game in Atlanta today... wait that was Ottawa couldn't tell the difference with all the empty seats!" Now, by his fault, he is a Habs fan and can not appreciate what it means to have a 3/4 full house on a Wednesday night ... Either way. Yeah, attendance was lower than normal yesterday, but a mid-week game with a slumping club SHOULD by all accounts have a lower attendance ... unless of course you happen to be in Montreal or Toronto where rabid quasi-sports-nationalism runs through the veins of everyone and/or there is just a lot of free money being tossed around. I personally would go to more Sens games a year if the tickets didn't cost me my left testicle and some a few toenail clippings. Seriously!

A-Hole

I know... this is a Sens blog, but I have to do it. Sean "A-Hole" Avery has done it again. He has gone and run his mouth off and split the hockey world between apathy and screaming for his head. I think calling anyone "sloppy seconds" in front of a national broadcast as a way to piss off their boyfriend is classless. He isn't trying to spice up the game, but rather space up his own publicity. Had his terminology not been so crass and he had left it on the ice where the game is played I wouldn't care, but since he waited for the media to be ready, chose his words unwisely and has been a thorn in the side of so many clubs and players ... it's time for him to get his head checked. I think he has a serious disorder he needs fixed. A narcissistic anti-personality disorder. Dallas doesn't have a farm team so I hope they find room for him in some bush league across the pond where he can rot.

--- 'nough from me. I have to scrape dinner up for the missus and I and get ready to finish this semester. Oh and if you're a Philly Fan like my buddy Dan (from the Team 1200's Late Crew) ... keep your gloves on your hands. ;)

No comments: